English writing proficiency is an important part of communication in English. Opulent writing skills create lasting impressions to readers which will in turn have a prompt optimistic response. Certain standards are followed by the author to write effectively so that it can be easily understood by the reader and grasp interest.
A good writer always keeps his sentence plain and clear. If you have oodles of time and dedication with practice anyone can be a good writer. With repeated preparation and practice and a lots of determination can give the skill of strong writing. Good writing communicates to audience the message with clarity and ease. Even the best professional writers don't just sit down write, and call it done. The quality of the writing will replicate the period and foresight you put into the project. Conveying a perspective on a topic is an effort to influence others that your viewpoint is correct.A method of using letters of the alphabets, punctuation, signs and spaces to communicate thoughts and ideas in an intelligible form is called Writing.
Short Writings – applications, email and fax messages, pamphlets, presentations, posters, notes, letters, summaries, minutes, memos etc.
Long Writings – booklets, arguments, articles, case studies, evaluations, reports, newsletters, stories, documents, journals etc.
Effective writing is crisp, clear and accurate. This means there are links between sentences and paragraphs. A person can write numerous things but for sincere writing there are certain points to be kept in mind. Writing helps you enhance your ideas when you give feedback to others.
Writing out your ideas consents you to gauge the capability of your
argument. A school or college student will require writing a variety of
essays during his/her collegiate life. The things important to acknowledge while effectively writing are:
- Before you start the actual formal writing, perceive why you are writing.
- Make your sentences strong so that you won’t have to repeat it.
- Do not give it all on the first half of the story add mystery, leave questions and excite the audience by making them think what’s next?
- Aim to write in a upfront way and construct sentences that reflect your ideas
- Add humor and lighten up the subject and make the readers feel at comfortable.
- Read others work as it increases your knowledge and gives an idea of what people like reading.
- If something doesn’t sound good, rephrase it.
- Look out of overusing abbreviations, especially acronyms as readers can render it cryptic.
- Proof read the written content. Read aloud and put yourself in your audience's shoes.
- Prioritize the ideas write an outline or a draft first.
- Use different styles of writing for different assignments and not get stuck in a style.
- Ensure you research and make detailed, precise notes and acknowledge the source of an idea, by referencing it.
- It is important to know and analyze your audience, distinguish between various audiences.
- The kind of linguistic writing style and tone you use while writing will be guided by your audience and objective, what you write, and where your piece of script goes.
We live in an epoch where media is uncertain, and people hand write and mail letters out of novelty compared to necessity, writing skills are however important. It's important for professionals and instructors to use appropriate grammar and communicate well, it's increasingly important for more people to have excellent writing skills. Not only is writing an important academic skill, but it is also an important skill that translates into your career. The 5 Steps to successful writing process are:
Pre-writing: The key to a great paper is in the planning. Pre-writing spots the whole thing you need to do before you sit down to start writing the rough draft. It is the preparation and planning phase of the writing process, when students brainstorm, research, gather and outline ideas, often using diagrams for mapping out their thoughts. Plan your writing by making an outline, create a storyboard, list supporting arguments, create a diagram and identify the pros and cons. Write every idea that comes into your head just let the idea flow do not edit the mistakes. Ideas are all around you your own thoughts are the only limit to finding your inspiration.
Drafting: Once you have planned your ideas, the next step is to start drafting the same. Think of this stage as a writing exercise, however with more direction. Concentrate on penning your ideas in an organized way to convey a particular idea or display an argument. Even if you sound silly get the words on the paper. The audience and purpose of writing must be remembered, forget about word count and grammar. Do not be anxious even if you stray off the topic, indeed the greatest authors create multiple drafts before finalizing their manuscript. Recognize the best time and place to write and make writing a regular part of your day. Never procrastinate that you will have to finish the whole script in one day.
Revising: Your story can change a great deal during this phase. While revising the script most readers adds details, rearranges the flow and sequence of the story, replaces words that arenât necessary to help clarify work and finally remove passages that donât fit the script. It is essential to review, modify and rearrange the work by reorganizing, adding or deleting content from the script. By making the tone, chic, and content suitable for the planned audience one can always come up with the content as desired. The goal of this stage of writing process is to improvise the draft and maintain balance among points to the same extent.
Editing: After you have overhauled your script itâs time to alter your manuscript line by line. It is advised that sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, word choice, spelling and format be checked accurately. This detailed process requires best help from professionals as no one will be interested to read a book full of mistakes. Writers must proofread, spot and correct errors in grammar in order to improve the style and clarity.
Publishing: The last step of the writing process is to publish your script. You have various means to publish the final writing such as internet, books, newspapers, literary magazines, websites, yearbook etc.